Welcome to Virtualisle, an online 10 Principles+ Thing on the Internet manifesting in whatever form your burner heart desires! We welcome the stranger and encourage your radical participation!
June 19-21, 2020
You can find out all the information and event schedule at https://summerisleburn.com/virtualisle/
We welcome a diversity of online platforms. Select the one(s) that work best for your event/activity!
- Google Hangouts/Meet
- Cisco WebEx
Read, compare, and decide which one works best for you, your tech knowledge, and available resources
Want to participate?
- Event/Activity signup form: https://forms.gle/yqBGQaiR9pYT8qNc8
- Output to Google Calendar (30 minute lead time to populate your event to the website)
- Conclave participation signup form: https://forms.gle/zdZ7ZU67Ydu1xwTFA
- DJ and live music signup form: https://forms.gle/DAuE5a5RFwQPaHE68
- Art Burn sign-up sheet (first come, first serve): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11FSzSnvm-ji9cjwnO1qIcyCrGAXs4bh-lP13DTRP7qg
How to participate?
- Check out our Google Calendar Listing of Events at https://summerisleburn.com/virtualisle/schedule/. Be sure to refresh the page every so often – new events are submitted all the time and the internet is weird.
- Want to stream a presentation? Or host something more interactive? The sky’s the limit! Any event you wish to host or attend virtually is an option. We strongly urge that you host your event in accordance with your platform’s user policies.
- Zoom policies: https://zoom.us/reasonableusepolicy
- Twitch policies: https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/terms-of-service/
- Google Hangouts policies: https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/9334169?hl=en
- YouTube’s policies: https://www.youtube.com/about/policies/
Tools and Tutorials for Livestreaming and/or hosting a webmeeting:
- Learning how to use OBS broadcast software: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUe-JSIj1h4
- Learning how to use OBS to stream on Twitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgpDb1XDDfY
- How to host a Zoom meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362613-How-Do-I-Host-A-Video-Meeting-
- How to set up a Google Meet (but include the link to the meeting in your Virtualisle WWW Event Calendar Submission, NOT through a Google Calendar event): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fZnHEquRQE
- How to set up and host a meeting in Cisco WebEx: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WywiTZEIS8
The internet can be a wild and mysterious place. Virtualisle is not responsible for the contents/privacy/rules/protocol decisions you enact for your event in your own room/channel/platform. Virtualisle strongly urges that you host your event in accordance with your platform’s user policies and to use the privacy tools at your disposal to run your event. Virtualisle is not liable for those who engage in illegal activities during events nor if someone records your events on their own devices without your permission. Stream/webhost at your own risk!